Saturday, July 09, 2011

Google+

My friend Cathy Jo Nelson, who I met in real life for the first time at ISTE, sent me an invite to Google+. I just posted my first post and fell on the floor laughing (not really, maybe it was a short chuckle) at this video posted by my real life (then virtual) friend Kristin Hokanson.




Don't get me wrong, Google+ is starting to grow on me and while many of those I am following and are following me are not my Facebook friends, most, if not all, are my Twitter or Plurk friends. I can see setting up Google+ as an educator and following only my educator friends on it but then isn't that Twitter or Plurk? It is going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out and who comes out on top. If Google is smart they will allow the privacy controls educators ask for and Facebook feigns. Google already has 5 Privacy Settings and Google+ isn't a week old yet. So far so good.

No comments: