Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lisa's Lingo: Rock Stars and the Rest

Lisa Parisi is a rock start to me. I have learned so much from the methods she uses in her classroom. But Lisa is not the sage on stage. She's more of a mentor rockstar! She takes time to teach those of us that need her experience. Take a look at Lisa's blog post about rock stars that has spurred a debate on Twitter. Some of the people in the heat of the debate are some of the people I learn from the most.  Lisa's Lingo: Rock Stars and the Rest.
I am far from a rock star. I often feel I have nothing to share but there are those in my school who look to me to help them because I share. I often stand in awe of those people in my PLN who are rock stars and when they share with me it is exhilarating. When I attended my first ISTE Conference I was flabbergasted. I almost didn't talk to anyone because I was in the presence of greatness. The sessions were wonderful and I learned so much. But then I attended my first EDUCON and my first EdCamp and it was different.  It was a conversation, everyone had something to share, the rockstars and even me! So my thought is that maybe unconferences like EDUCON and EdCamp are changing the way teachers learn from one another, maybe it is more about the conversation and less about the sage on the stage.

No comments: