Sunday, January 04, 2009

Week 6, Things 13

I viewed the Del.icio.us tutorial by Santa Cruz Public Library and then followed some of the other suggestions and found these from Jeff and Liz.

Jeff Utecht did this How to Use Del.icio.us:



Liz Davis did this one:



I subscribed to the SJLibraryLearning2's Bookmarks through my Mail program. I also made the site part of my network on Delicious. I enjoy using Del.icio.us. It allows me to save bookmarks that I use with my students on more than one computer. I also create different tags for students to use as pathfinders. I enjoy looking at the sites that have been saved by the people in my network. I use Del.icio.us and Twitter as my own personal learning network. I often recommend Del.icio.us to teachers in my building that are taking graduate classes and doing research papers. Del.icio.us helped me keep websites in order while doing research and I like to recommend it. I also suggest it to high school students. I do not have my elementary students create Del.icio.us accounts but I do model its use. It is important as a librarian to model the use of tools that students will be using as they continue their education. To my mind Del.icio.us is part of lifelong learning!

No comments: